The voices of our girls are very important to any change we want to bring to the world and especially to our communities. We work to empower our girls to use their voice. It is our definition of resiliency….. providing the support and place for girls to create the lives they deserve and want to live.
Self-Care for Black Girls By Black Girls
Camp “Got Your Back”
Black Girl Rising, Inc. received funding from the ADAMH Board of Franklin County to conduct a Virtual Self-Care for Black Girls By Black Girls program. The activities were designed specifically to show girls how to reduce stress, understand self-care and build resiliency in their everyday lives. The product of their participation in the program is the incredibly creative book, “I’ve Got Your Back, Sister!”
Click on the link to download the book. Here are some samples of the poems, love letters, and self-care essays the girls have written. Enjoy!
How does participating in the Black Girl Rising, Inc.
Black Girl Think Tank help you?
- Training in national programs to develop your gifts and talents.
- Improving your critical thinking.
- Working with girls who have dreams and goals like you do.
- Being prepared to become skilled leaders.
- Understanding your power to make things happen.
- Planning together for action and change.
- Speaking your mind and being heard.
- Data mining the Rise Sister Rise Research
- Making life better for all girls.